Old July 4th 04, 04:05 AM
Sabineellen

Default Please help me to decide between these two cameras! I'm torn.

Sabine, thanks for all your input and for your time in helping me
consider some other cameras other than the S500 and the W1. Truly
appreciate it!

Steve

I'm sorry i can't help you much about the Video and the reason is simple. I
long ago gave up on the video function of digital cameras. In my opinion the
best solid state video I used was the logitech pocket video 550. It's just
superb for what it is. Even when played in full screen mode on my 1600x1200
monitor. It uses AA and SD, and it's quite tiny. This is one reason I only
focus on image quality from a digital stills camera, because i have not seen
one that'd come anywhere close to the video quality of the logitech 550. I also
find it better to have it so that each use different batteries. Have a look at
the logitech 550. it's superb for video.