Old April 2nd 05, 07:55 AM
Ken Nadvornick

"Lionel" wrote:

It might help to put a big white border around them in Photoshop
before submitting them.

Hey Lionel,

If such a white border did not come at the expense of those precious 800
long dimension pixels I would do so. But anything greater than the 800
limit get resized down to that limit for display. And the reproduced image
can suffer mightily in that process, especially if it's true scanned size is
only slightly over the limit.

I once inadvertently scanned to something like 804 pixels on an early SI
submission and the resulting downsized display image made the original photo
appear to have been enlarged through a snot-covered negative. Yuk...

(I kinda' suspect I'm the only SI participant anal enough for all of this to
make any sort of difference.)

Ken