Old February 5th 04, 05:34 AM
Frank ess

Default Circuit City vs Best Buy

Rick wrote:
"Harvey" wrote in message

wrote in message
news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
Which is better?

Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.

I ordered a disk player/recorder from Best Buy online. When they charged me
at pickup, it was 30% less than listed on the order form. No one tried to
sell me extended warranties.

Couple years ago I walked in to that same store and bought a computer. There
were about $250 in rebates attached to it. They printed a rebate form and
separate receipt for each of the four or five rebates. They didn't give me
envelopes or stamps, or fill out the forms, but within a month or so I had
deposited the checks, and the computer was selling for the same price with
no rebates.

Works for me.

--
Frank ess