Old December 18th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Nomen Nescio

Default 2 questions about digital cameras

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
Hi,

At the time I got Powershot G3, it was considered a "Prosumer" camera.
Now, when I searched for a "prosumer camera", I get a listing of Digital
SLR cameras too. I am trying to stay with "point and shoot" although I
do love some of the SLR cameras that I found (which are out of my price
range now).

What the Hell is a "prosumer" camera, the G3 is a "point and shoot" the word
"prosumer" is an incorrect term. Technically a Canon 40D is a "prosumer"
camera, as it has pro features in a consumer price point. Video cameras seem
to started the therm "prosumer" with cameras like the Canon GL2.