Old June 18th 17, 04:20 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Computer Nerd Kev

Default Canon AE-1 Program Lens Stuck

In aus.photo Dennis Boone wrote:
So far I've tried undoing a few of the screws on the lens around the
comera end, but they didn't offer any improved access, and in final
desperation I tried brute force applied from various angles, but no
change resulted (except for an unfortunate dent). I had a look
through two service manuals on the web for the AE-1 Program, but
they didn't inspire any further ideas.

I'm not familiar with the lens, but if the relevant screws are set
screws holding the outer ring to some moving part, _tightening_
may be the direction to go.

Thanks, but the whole lens body turns with the ring on this lens.
Wikipedia informs me that this is the "New FD" mount, but should
still work with the AE-1 (as it did before it got stuck). I just
had a check of the screws anyway, but they seem in well enough.

I never found an exact match for this lens online, but doing a
wider search now it seems that it was sold under a range of
different brand names, with range of different mounts:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/userrev...auto-zoom.html
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_3412.html
http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database...8mm-f-4-4-5-22

Perhaps that explains why the KD mount design might not have
been as refined as one would hope.

--
__ __