Old August 28th 09, 07:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Han Schutten[_2_]

Default Snapshots of Afghanistan - August 2009

You're too modest when you call your album "Snapshots". Beautiful
collection.
Those who like the atmosphere or the landscapes might be interested in my
images of Pakistan - taken in the era of slides and slide scanning ....
www.hsphotography.nl, go to the english section.

"Kulvinder Singh Matharu" schreef in
bericht ...
I've just returned from a trip around Afghanistan and have put some
of the more decent photos online here using a Flash-based engine:

http://www.ninjatrek.com/

You will need to select "Album" from the menu and then click on
"Afghanistan". From the "View" option you can adjust the
functionality of the presentation.

I took the following equipment:

1. Nikon D700 camera + 2 x 32GB CF cards + four batteries
2. Nikon AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8D IF ED
3. Nikon AF-S VR 105mm f/2.8G IF ED Micro
4. Nikon AF-S VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF ED

However, I soon dropped my 70-300mm lens into the bottom of a lake so
was left with the 17-35mm lens and the 105mm lens for most of my
shoots which was a bit of a challenge; I just had to re-adjust my
photographic mind set and use my feet a bit more!

The dust was incredible. It was constant and it was everywhere. Had
to be very careful with keeping the sensor clean, but I guess the
only real problem suffered was getting some dust into the lenses but
that was easily dusted off. I just need to clean the camera and
lenses now as they're looking in a bit of a state.

The camera performed well and I had no reliability issues with the
camera, lenses, batteries or CF cards. It was only the stupidity on
my part which resulted in the loss of the 70-300mm lens...I should
really use a proper lightweight camera jacket that can securely carry
these lenses. Any suggestions?
--
Kulvinder Singh Matharu

Website : www.metalvortex.com