Old January 19th 07, 03:22 PM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.technique.art
darkroommike

Default UV lenses was First images with my infrared converted 350D

Hasselblad made a special version of their 120 for the
C-series (aka V-series) using quartz lens elements that was
touted as a uv lens, so you find a used version of the lens,
a v-to-h adapter and a H digital (or a C-to-Nikon!) and you
are good to go. I'm guessing $20,000 to $40,000 USD but
you'll really impress the girlfriend. I also found
reference to a UV-105 Nikkor

Flowers, birds and bees seem to do it without any hardware!
but try http://www.naturfotograf.com/UV_IR_rev05.html
titled "All You Ever Wanted to Know About Digital UV and IR
Photography, But Could Not Afford to Ask". Ain't Google grand!

darkroommike

Toni Nikkanen wrote:
"Wayne J. Cosshall" writes:

A big part of the problem is the lens. A normal glass lens won't
let much UV through and special UV lenses cost like hell - and I'll
be glad to be proven wrong about this.

True about UV. Thankfully that doesn't apply to the infrared end of
the spectrum where the lenses mostly work fine.

UV is of special interest to me because my girlfriend is doing
research on how birds use their UV vision for finding food. Being able
to take UV photographs of her test setups might be enlightening or at
least fun.