Old January 19th 07, 08:59 AM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.technique.art
Wayne J. Cosshall

Default First images with my infrared converted 350D

Toni Nikkanen wrote:
"Rich" writes:

Yes, flower pictures are interesting, giving you a view of how some
insects see them.
You just need the right filter to cut out the rest of the light. I
think B&W makes some.

A big part of the problem is the lens. A normal glass lens won't
let much UV through and special UV lenses cost like hell - and I'll
be glad to be proven wrong about this.

True about UV. Thankfully that doesn't apply to the infrared end of the
spectrum where the lenses mostly work fine.

Cheers,

Wayne

--
Wayne J. Cosshall