Old June 13th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default Weather Resistance

On 13-06-09 08:40, Robert Coe wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:40:27 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:
: It always seems colder in Canada. Our TV stations will report things
: like it's 28 degrees in Buffalo and negative 2 in Toronto.

'Cause we (in the US) are still happy with the Fahrenheit scale. If it ain't
broke, don't fix it! ;^)

The US government adopted the metric system as the primary system of
weights and measures in about 1890. Time folks caught up.
Unfortunately they put the mother of all loopholes in that law and
allowed imperial measures to continue for commerce. As a lot of trade
at the time was with the UK ...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.