Old September 3rd 05, 04:00 AM
Pix on Canvas

RichA wrote:
The magazines have been comparing cameras in various ways,
but in terms of "class" of camera, how would they rank?

This is my impression as to how this works:
(Models need not be in production here, just readily available in some
form, new or used)

Class 1. Canon 1DS MKII
Canon 1D MKII(N)
Canon 5D
Nikon D2X
Nikon D2Hs
Leica Modular R (Digital)
Olympus E-1
Fuji S3

Class 2. Canon 20D(A)
Nikon D100
Minolta 7D
Sigma SD10

Class 3. Nikon D70(s)
Olympus E-300
Pentax *ist DS

Class 4. Canon Rebel XT
Nikon D50
Minolta 5D
Pentax *ist DL

"Bittorrents are REFUNDS for all the BAD movie products Hollywood
never gave us refunds for in the past"

Sorry Rich but you'll have get the 5D out of Class 1 because it's not a
Professional camera, just one for Enthusiasts... Whoever the hell they
are! Looks like it's in the group with Sigma SD 10's.

--
Douglas,
My name is but a handle on the doorway to my life.