Old February 18th 12, 01:35 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

Default Some different Nikon News

On 2/16/2012 7:48 PM, Savageduck wrote:
I was noodling about on line and came across this regarding Nikon repairs.
http://ifixit.org/1349/how-nikon-is-...camera-repair/

I am normally highly in favor of small business. While there are many
good and decent repair services, I have also heard of some pretty bad
screw ups. The screwed up cameras frequently end up at Nikon repair
services, who then charge a lot for the fix. Indeed the repair has to
cover the cost of the botch, plus what it would have cost anyway. The
consumer then blames Nikon for overcharging, while forgetting that the
sloppy repair was the cause.
I live about 10 minutes from Nikon and have found them to be fair and
reasonable in their policies. My main bitch is that they will not repair
older models and older lenses.
If you or I decide to open a retail camera store we would be able to
sell most consumer grade Nikons, but would not be authorized to sell the
professional line.

--
Peter