Old July 7th 04, 03:17 PM
Christopher Muto

Default HP OfficeJet 145 Black/color ink old. 8 days to expire. Printing will stop.

oops... left off the link... http://www.inktecuk.co.uk/57_58_reset.htm

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
i think all the majors have implemented some sort of scheme like this...
the cartridges have a chip built into them that can be reset as you refill
it. search the web for "hp resetter" (or for epson, "epson reset tool")

and
you will find several... here's a manual way of doing it on particular hps
(not sure if it applies to your model). an alternate approach is to just
buy a cartridge and then refill that one... it may be more economical to
purchase a non-hp cartridge than the resetter tool give the small amount

of
printing that you do.

no crossposting please, this reply to rec.photo.digital only, where it was
read

"Orak Listalavostok" wrote in message
om...
My HP OfficeJet d145 all-in-one printer suddenly reports:
Black ink old. Color ink old.
8 days to expire. 8 days to expire.
Printing will stop. Printing will stop.
Press enter to continue. Press enter to continue.

This is an HP lie.

The ink isn't old. I replaced it just last week. Actually, since a
5-year supply of ink (for me) costs less than 20 bucks in bulk at
costco, I've been re-filling the four HP OJ 145 ink tanks (some call
them cartridges but the jets are separate) successfully since January
of 2003. Once a quarter or so, I refill the ink tanks with a few drops
of ink, always keeping the sponges wet and turning off the Hewlett
Packard paper-counting checks which HP uses as a lousy substitute for
ink level checking.

Questions for printer experts:
Q1: How do I bypass this "8 days to expire" HP ink tank setting?
Q2: Is an HP ink tank really timed to shut down in 18 months?
Q3: Do I just replace the tanks or do I have to replace the jets?

Please help,
Orak Listalavostok