Old July 21st 05, 04:18 PM
irwell

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:11:28 GMT, wrote:

On 20 Jul 2005 09:44:21 -0700, "Bulldog" wrote:

Pete Fenelon wrote:
Dave Sill wrote:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05...sonic_fz30.asp
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/panasonicfz30/

From the press release:

Blimey, it looks like a stunning camera. Does seem to be a little
noticeable noise in some of the shots, which makes me think they might've
been better going to 6MP than 8... but 8 is what the market demands I
guess - and at least it isn't an 8mp-in-the-space-of-5mp sensor... they
have enlarged it somewhat. I wonder how much of a gimmick the "extra
optical zoom" is (again, none of the sample gallery shots exploit it), but
anything that keeps you out of the realms of digital zoom is a Good Thing.

Caveat - the sample gallery also has no evening/night shots, I get rather
variable results at night with my FZ10 and I would've liked to have seen
what the 30 can do in poor light.

It looks like they've been listening to the FZ buyers, putting more
dSLR-like features into the camera - manual zoom ring, RAW mode,
higher-resolution EVF... and even a pop-out rear LCD.

Would *love* to get my hands on one just to see what it can do -- my '10
is still capable of amazing me...

pete
--
"There's no room for enigmas in built-up areas" - HMHB

Looks like a stonging camera and a step forward from the FX20 which I
love to bits. Anyone have any idea of price?

Most likely a stonging price!

Fred

Wonder how this will compare with the new Samsung?