Old July 21st 05, 10:11 AM
David J Taylor

Woodchuck Bill wrote:
[]
I was almost going to buy a D50, and now this!

BTW...David, I see that the group is moving again. :-)

Yes, I'm pleased that the new camera has sparked some discussions!

An interesting dilemma - D50 or FZ30? FZ30 wide-angle limited to 24mm
with an adaptor - but that might be enough. No dust ingress problems.
Lower image noise at high ISO with the D50 - useful if you're taking
pictures in nightclubs etc., but you need to buy a good wide-aperture
lens. Image stabilisation will cost you more with the D50, and it doesn't
do movies or have live image preview on a swivel LCD.

Get the FZ30, Bill, and tell us all the inside story!

Get both, and recover the costs by writing a magazine article?

Cheers,
David