Old July 21st 05, 08:02 AM
David J Taylor

From the panasonic site samples, I don't think they have made any
great

leap forward in the noise area.. However, the pixel-level sharpness
is very impressive.. grudgingly I'll admit it looks a tiny bit sharper
than my C8080's 8Mp sensor..

Panasonic's photographer seems unafraid to blow the odd highlight, I
notice..

Looks promising, but let's wait for the real reviews..

I agree, see what the reviewers say, but the images and lens quality look
very good so far. At the edges of those blown highlights there seems to
be little in the way of artefacts.
If I was interested in the camera (and it won't replace my FZ5, but my
wife likes the swivel LCD so could replace her FZ20), I would be printing
out those sample photos to see what the small amount of noise looks like
when printed, rather than when viewed on the screen.

Cheers,
David