Old November 8th 03, 04:27 AM
Lunaray

Default False advertising, is it illegal?

Is it illegal to post false info & erroneous prices on a commerecial dealer
web site?

Case in point: I ordered a Pentax 67 II body & AE prism finder at Wells
Digital http://store.yahoo.com/wellsdigital/10291.html only to find out that
this is a "Grey Market" item (not as they describe on their site) and the
price is higher than indicated. I don't know what they're actually asking
for these two items, I got a message on my answering machine telling me that
there is a problem with the price they quoted me on the phone and on their
web site and I won't find out intil I can call them back on Monday. Now I
don't mind taking a chance at buying something "Grey Market" to save some
bucks, but I certainly don't like being lied to. Has anyone here bought
anything from this company? Thanks!
--
Ray ( www.rayspace.com )
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere,