Old June 23rd 04, 04:22 PM
Randall Ainsworth

Default [Survey] -Prime Lenses in the kit -results

In article , Orville
Wright wrote:

Only one Sigma lens among the entire survey pool? I can see that we
are dealing with people who don't understand anything precision
optics. Sigma lenses are superior to all other maufacturers' in both
build and optics. Yes, I admit that there can be some compatibility
issues when using Sigma's great lenses on third party camera bodies,
so the ultimate thing is to buy a Sigma body too.

OK, time to take off the blinders.

The Sigma SD and SA camera lines generally do not require the use of a
tripod unless you are doing a long exposure over 1 second. Images are
always tack sharp. There is some mystery feature built into the Sigma
camera bodies that prevent camera shake. Of course, Sigma does not
need to brag like Canon or Minolta by throwing a "IS" or "AS" in front
of the camera.

No, because even with a tripod the images will look equally crappy.
The mystery feature is wondering why people waste perfectly good money
on inferior equipment.

Hope this helps,

-Orville

Hope this helps...