Old October 28th 03, 10:32 AM
Timothy

Default Railroad Photo Technique

"zeitgeist" wrote in message .net...
I need As much Help With Night Photography of Locomotives as I can get

what is your problem? a little info would help.. color /b&w? moving or
standing trains?
close up or distant.

b/w over expose and slightly underdevelope, you need to get more detail in
the threashold areas, the blacks, over exposing will get build up exposure,
under developing will keep the highlights from burning out, see any zone
system book.

color, shoot at late twilight so there is a bit of fill. for a cool effect,
lock down your tripod (you are using one right) and shoot one at twilight
one stop under, shoot again at full dark with all the lights on.

They say a picture says a 1000 words I'll let them do the talking
Please Keep in mind that I Crop All of my photos my self so they look
closer then they real are

my main problem is one of Quality of Image
Photo of Fast moving freight at Night
http://home.insightbb.com/~trainrulz/NSFREIGHT.jpg

Train moving around 5mph
http://home.insightbb.com/~trainrulz/nslocal.jpg