Old January 18th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Blinky the Shark

Default Ping WHISKERS

MartinS wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:

Hey, did I see you hanging out in here?

I just got my first digital p-n-s camera. I shopped quite a bit and
ended up with a Fuji A820. My needs we something cheap and small to
toss in the car and/or my gear bag for work, because I don't routinely
carry my DSLR stuff with me, and I got tired of wishing a routinely had
at least snapshot capabilities.

My choice was based on liking my Fuji S7000 DSLR; reviews I'd read on
the camera's sensor; a 4X optical zoom instead of the 3X most cameras in
that price range offered; 2.5" screen; 8MP, 3296 x 2474; AA batteries
rather than something proprietary.

It's not exactly a shirt-pocket compact at 1.3 inches thick and 7.5
ounces (with batteries), but it's okay for my hip pocket or a jacket.

I like it lots.

Is it waterproof?

Hi, Martin. Good news and bad news. There's a waterproof case for it.
But it's only good down to 3 meters. I may have to rethink this.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups