Old February 3rd 05, 11:52 AM
Carlo G

I have used about 30 years ago a Jupiter 8 with a Kiev4 camera. It was
absolutely sharp as a razor, with a good contrast. It was an old camera at
that time, belonged to a my friend's father. When I started to earn my first
pocket money, I bought my first reflex (PETRI TTL screw mount 42x1) but
picures weren't so beautiful as Jupiter was used to produce. After a few
years a big surprise: my girfriend gifted me for my birthday a "new!" ZORKI
4K (it was 1977) with the Jupiter8. I started to test it shooting some
pictures, but it was a deep delusion: nothing to share with the legend that
I used with the Kiev.

Now I have just bought an old Kiev from Bielorussia on EBay but I haven't
tested yet the lenses, and I don't know if I already have in my hands the
Jupiter8 I have been looking for a long time.

Carlo G