Old November 18th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default Film holder for Ica Favorit: progress report

I'm happy to report that I now have a whopping *one* film holder for my
Ica Favorit (9x12).

It's actually a film pack holder that I modified to take a single sheet
of film. Ackshooly, I didn't do anything to the holder itself, but
merely made an insert from illustration board to hold the film, with a
frame of index stock to hold it in place. After the insert is in place I
hold it in with a piece of foam rubber under the film-pack cover.

The focus is correct, as I determined by a focus test shot; I set up a
target consisting of a bunch of playing cards on edge with one in the
center marked with felt-tip pen. I focused on the marked card, pretty
easy because of the pattern on the back of the card, and took a shot.
The resulting negative is right in focus at that spot.

So I'm ready to shoot--one sheet at a time. I suppose if I took along my
changing bag I could take as many shots as I wanted, and just stick them
in a film box. A PITA to be sure, but possible.

It's just such a nice camera; it *wants* to expose film ...

--
I am a Canadian who was born and raised in The Netherlands. I live on
Planet Earth on a spot of land called Canada. We have noisy neighbours.

- harvested from Usenet