Old August 13th 15, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

Default Photoshop CC will not save

On 2015-08-12 21:09:46 +0000, PeterN said:

I sometimes work with many layered files. Since the latest update CC
won't save except as a large format file, (over 2GB) The files I have
had the issue with are 517 M, and the other 374 M
There were some references to this issue with older versions on PS, on
the Adobe site.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I haven't had that particular issue personally. However, there is a
reason the Large File Format (PSB) exists. Layered TIFFs that size are
silly, and there is a 2 GB limit on layered PSDs.

Compressed TIFFs can create a whole bunch of compatibility issues.

So if you get into potentually lofty file sizes due to retaining
multiple layers, use PSB "Large File Format"rather than PSD. (
"Photoshop BIG" vs "Photoshop dainty". )

Thanks I know about saving in large format.
My issue is that in both cases the file size was well under 1G. Wither
the files size info in CC is wrong, or I CC is reading some tag
incorrectly. I would think that even if I make 10 vector, or raster
layers, I would only have a file size under 500mg. Something is going

--
PeterN