Old January 25th 05, 05:09 PM
Anonymous

Hi Roger,

I've been waiting for the Nikon D2x (as replacement for my D100), and the
fact that I've had a bunch of fine Nikon glass for years.

However, with the recent price announcement of $5,000 for the D2x, along
with the uncertainty about it's CMOS sensor performance, I'm considering
changing to a Canon system. I am NOT a fan of wide angle work so I'm NOT
considering the Canon 1Ds Mark II.

However, I AM considering the Canon 1D Mark II. I lean towards telephoto
work so the 1.3 factor of the 1D Mark II is a plus for me. And at $3,750
street price, it's $1,250 less than the D2x. Now, admittedly it will be
limited to 8.2mp versus the 12.4mp of the D2x, but I wanted to ask your
candid opinion of your 1D Mark II.

Any feedback on the 1D Mark II you can provide would be MOST helpful.

Many thanks in advance...

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" wrote in
message ...

Here is a recent attempt at photographing the moon with
a telephoto lens, on a stationary tripod:
http://clarkvision.com/galleries/gal...-c-5x-700.html

Canon 1D Mark II 8-megapixel digital camera, a 500 mm f/4 L IS lens with
1.4 and 2x teleconverters. The total focal length is 1400 mm
for a full scale of 1.2 arc-seconds per pixel.

Be sure and click on the full camera resolution link to see all the
detail.

Roger
Other photos at: http://clarkvision.com