Old September 18th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Noons

Default Microtek 120TF Scanner - no support

On Sep 18, 10:09 pm, "Neil Gould" wrote:
Recently, viewerofrecphoto posted:

On Aug 14, 7:17 am, Noons wrote:
On Aug 14, 6:44 am, viewerofrecphoto wrote:

Its not an exact match - the original bulb is thinner and longer.
Microtek rated
the bulb for 6000 hours. The driver board looks pristine, so I
figure its easy enough
to solder in the new one and try it.

Please let us know of the results.

I'm sorry to say, the new bulb did not make a difference. It does
light, sometimes, but after using it for a couple of scans, it goes
out and won't relight. Same behavior as the old bulb.

From what I can tell, the driver board has 3 inputs, Ground, CTL and

+12, so its not as easy as replacing it with an off the shelf inverter
board.

Sorry to hear that the easy solution wasn't the fix.

If I follow what you've described, that it works soon after you turn the
unit on, but soon stops working, it sounds as if there is a bad capacitor
in the lamp's trigger voltage circuit.

Thanks for the follow-up.

yeah, same feeling here...