Old May 13th 17, 10:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default A New Tool For Photographers

In article 2017051211401737879-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...
Not sure I understand why you would need an external metering device in
such cases. Can't you just take the shot and if it comes over- or
underexposed, simply adjust the exposure and retake the shot?

For many photographers there is a concept called "getting it right".

I thought that meant being able to get a good out of camera JPEG,
without having to tweak a lot in post-processing.

I mean, if you are there in the field, take the shot, notice that it is
not properly exposed, what prevents you from retaking it with the right
exposure?
You might not always have this perfect external metering device with
you...

BTW, in an online forum I saw a post of a traitor who defected from the
Fuji X-T2 to the Olympus E-M1 II ;-)
--
Alfred Molon