Old December 9th 17, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default B&H is sharing your data! Sharing your DATA!!!

On 8 Dec 2017 18:05:27 GMT, peter
wrote:

Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:09:57 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

On Dec 7, 2017, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 11:39:30 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:40:33 -0500,
wrote:

Snip

buy gas twice in the same day. they love that one.

I've bought gas three times in one day and twice the next day - and
nobody blinked. They probably recognised that each purchase was
several hundred miles from the previous purchase.

I've been flagged for that, but I was also on the road.

Hell! Several times I have filled up two cars at two different pumps at the
same time with the same card, not so much as a peep from the bank. I have
also done the multiple fill-ups on the same and following day, also without
reaction from the bank.

After years of using my card around Auckland (NZ) I flew to Geneva
(Switzerland) to visit my daughter. My bank got all twitchy when I
used my card to withdraw some cash in Geneva. They seem to be watching
for changes in the pattern of card use.

That may be part of their algorithm.

Yes. Now when I'm going overseas I ring them up and tell them. Their
idea.

Eric Stevens