Old December 29th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Progressiveabsolution

Default Scanners: Epson V700/V750 vs. Nikon 8000/9000

I have researched this in every possible way but have not had hands on
experienced people give their thoughts on this. I.E. One person will
boast about the superiority of one device while one will boast about
another...but neither have used both or they did not optimize one or
the other to get the best out of them. I will be doing primarily
medium format 6X7 scanning, but will do 35mm scanning as well.

Questions:

1) Are the Epson printers on the same page as the Nikons for either
MF/35mm format or is the Nikon superior in the end?

2) How is the Epson V series compared to the 8000 specifically?

3) Howi s the Epson V series compared to the 9000 specifically?

4) What are the "primary" differences between the Nikon 8000 and Nikon
9000 scanners?

I don't care about figures, just the print (end result).

Thanks for any advice from users of these scanners.