Old November 23rd 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Randy W. Sims

Default tablet for drawing in PS

www.kevinkienlein.com wrote:
I am looking towards buying a drawing tablet for use with Photoshop etc.
Does anyone have any suggestions brand wise?

I found some on EBay, the brands we UC-LOGIC, Wacom, DigiPro, Hanvon,
Aquila, Graphire, GENIUS, Medion, Cool-iCam, CyberTablet, Nisis Easypen,
Art Pad, Adesso, Acecad, Aiptek, E 3 WORKS, KB Gear,

Being new to this gizmo I would like some feedback also, on what size is
best to get, 4x6, 6x8, or larger. Some have wireless mice and some are
stand alone, is one better than the other, or should just get a stand
alone tablet? What about pressure levels, is this important?

Any suggestions or comments would be most appreciated... kk

As others have said, Wacom is the only game in town. It just depends on
your usage and budget as to which model you prefer. I've used the 4"x5"
Graphire for years, and I haven't run into any problems at all with the
size. I do like the Intuos' improved sensitivity, but for most photo
retouching it hasn't been a problem for me. If I had money to burn (and
wasn't burning it on other photo & lighting equip) I would get an Intuos
6"x8".

Randy.