Old May 31st 21, 05:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Apple Macs: Can't upgrade, can barely repair them.

On May 31, 2021, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In article
, Bill W
wrote:

And my ~1 year update on the MacBook for anyone interested: it does, as
they say, ³just work². The only problems I¹ve had have been the native
mail
client, and that seems to have sorted itself out, and the spinning beach

Apple Mail is good until it isn't.

That¹s mostly how I feel about it. I don¹t put any demands on it because
I don¹t work anymore. It¹s just simple, basic personal use. It works okay
for that until it crashes. It¹s been good for a while for that, now.

i've never seen apple mail crash.

It disappears, and then won’t reopen. The fix to get back up is easily
found with Google, and it appears to be fairly common:
https://macreports.com/mail-keeps-crashing-on-mac/. That is now in my
favorites, and I’ve had to use it 3 times now, but it’s been quite some
time since the last one. It wasn’t a big deal - I never lost anything but a
little time.

however, i have seen it frequently fail to properly sync mail, plus its
filters are a lost cause.

unfortunately, other email apps are worse.