Old February 20th 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Scanning photos onto one's hard drive - why are the photos clearer than the scan

"Patrick Briggs" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anybody understand why when one scans photos off an Epson 1200
Perfection (not accurate I think) scanner the results are slightly less
sharp than looking at the photo itself.

I'm scanning at 600 dpi and resizing the picture to 1100 x 700 pixels.
I import the picture into Adobe Acrobat 6.0

Assuming you get other aspects corrected, how about a touch of USM to
sharpen up your image ? You might need Photoshop for this.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK