Old March 23rd 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Development Time Constants

David Nebenzahl wrote:

spake thus:

All films through the STD
developer and the STD film through All developers.
The table looks like this:

Films
l--------l---------l----------l-------
D l--------l---------l----------l-------
E l--------l---------l----------l-------
V l--------l---------l----------l-------
l--------l---------l----------l-------

Top row STD developer, Left column STD film.
Fresh off the top of my head. I think it makes
sense. What do you and ... think of it? Dan

Yes, wonderful, Dan: .........

But what you forgot, ........... *there's no data in it*.
And even if you do get data plugged in, will it mean anything?
Yeah, it makes lotsa sense ...

That format may be an improvement over the Massive ---.
A source of data is that supplied by manufacturers. I've still
that 120 roll of Delta 3200 to develop in ACU-1.
A 3x5 index card will do for the table and some values off
the WWW can be found and pluged in. HP5+ and Delta 3200
times in the STD developer will be entered in the table. Times
for HP5+, as the STD film, in the STD developer and ACU-1
will be entered. The ACU-1 time I must derive. The value
of k computed and applied I'll know the development
time for the Delta 3200 in ACU-1. It's worth a whirl.
I'll let you know. Dan