Old December 22nd 04, 08:40 PM
Frank ess

Jeremy wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
You'll want to read this article:

http://www.basic-digital-photography...al-photos.html

Gary

That article really did not address archival storage issues. It was
written for digital novices.

Digital imaging presents few problems when the files are going to be
used/accessed over the short term, i.e., under 5 years. Whatever
format and media type we use will still be readable in 5 years.

The big concern is what happens to digital image files over the long
term.
The OP noted that he was barely able to access his 8-year-old digital
files.
It is apparent that some long-term strategy should be implemented if
we want our images to be accessible for a longer term, even if we
don't plan on
their being viewable for, say, 100 years.

So I guess that once you decide on which medium is useful in that sense,
you archive the hardware that uses it?

--
Frank ess