Old June 24th 18, 05:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Android app to remove all location data in bulk

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

exiftool "-gps*=" *.jpg
use the 2nd one if XMP is being used for location data within the files.
You can use it on raw files too (*.dng, etc.)

I have many Windows tools which will remove EXIF data, including EXIFtool
which I like for its drag and drop option, and some will do it in bulk.

exiftool is a command line tool and therefore has no drag and drop
capability, other than what the shell itself provides.

If you create a shortcut to "exiftool(-k).exe" then you can drag and drop
your jpg files onto it and it will report the values in a window. I have a
shortcut to Exiftool in my Windows taskbar to do this.

that's a wrapper around exiftool which provides a window and drag/drop.

there are third party tools that may have drag and drop and which use
exiftool under the hood.

However I can't find a bulk EXIF remover for Android. In fact all I want
is a bulk EXIF location tag remover for Android and I haven't come across
one.

then you haven't looked.

I have looked and installed several of the apps I found but none do what I
asked for.

then keep looking, or refine your search terms to get better results.

Why would I waste my time asking here if I could find apps for
myself more quickly than it takes to write a message?

because it's easier to have other people do the work.

a search brings up quite a few options.

I think you are referring to something other than what I am looking for. I
posted: Is there an android app which will remove all GPS location data
from all the photos in a folder? The EXIF editors I have seen need you to
go into an individual photo's EXIF window and remove the location data for
that photo.

some might, while others can process a batch.

however, doing that on an android device is not ideal.