Old June 18th 18, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Android app to remove all location data in bulk

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

exiftool "-gps*=" *.jpg
use the 2nd one if XMP is being used for location data within the files.
You can use it on raw files too (*.dng, etc.)

I have many Windows tools which will remove EXIF data, including EXIFtool
which I like for its drag and drop option, and some will do it in bulk.

exiftool is a command line tool and therefore has no drag and drop
capability, other than what the shell itself provides.

there are third party tools that may have drag and drop and which use
exiftool under the hood.

However I can't find a bulk EXIF remover for Android. In fact all I want
is a bulk EXIF location tag remover for Android and I haven't come across
one.

then you haven't looked.

a search brings up quite a few options.

There must be a demand for such a thing because Android is very invasive
and shares personal data too readily.

those who put a priority on privacy don't use android, for that very
reason.