Old October 24th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Sheehy

Default What is the big deal about LiveView?

Rotten Ronny wrote in
:

It is new tech and a big deal for DSLR because it requires the mirror
to be locked up out of the way when using the LCD Liveview. On your
P&S compacts you don't have the capability to view through the lens or
a mirror so it is not a big deal. Liveview gives DSLR the ability to
use both methods to compose a photograph.

Next step is the articulating LCD.

I love it on my FZ50, but the FZ50 is not useful at high ISOs (and is
limited in focal length by the fixed zoom lens).