Old September 16th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Frank

Default Mat cutters: Altos vs Logan vs Fletcher ?

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:07:25 -0400, "Greg \"_\""

Frank wrote:

I'm looking to buy a personal use mat cutter, and the following seem
to have what I need and be in the right price range.
Alto's 4505
Logan 450+
Fletcher MatMate 40"

They're all in the $150 range. Any comments on their relative merits?
(Or any others to consider?)
Frank

I would look at a cutter big enough to cut 30x40 inch sheets, then you
save money on board. I have a smaller Logan which will not accept this
size board and it becomes a hassle.

All 3 of these will take a full sheet of mat board.