Old November 21st 12, 09:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
PeterN

Default [SI] Curves - "The 'Duck Comments"

On 11/21/2012 2:58 PM, Savageduck wrote:
SI Mandate: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/curve
‘Duck comments:

Peter Newman:
Curves-01:
That is a, …um, “curvey” girl, not that there is a shortage of curves at
that sort of event. The track curves, and there all the other curvey
distractions. I would have gone with a higher shutter speed, but I
understand that this must have been one of the first outings for the D800.

I would have been in trouble with that shot if the mandate was
curvacious. Yes I should have bumped the ISO.

Curves-02:
The Newmanesque image typified. A very interesting rendition, I just
fail to find either the car or the boat, and I suspect the curve is
induced by filter.

Nope. The main curves were caused by rotating the camera. Note the
exposure. It was hand held. I did use a slight application of the spiral
filter to curve the curves. And, as I explained previously, I did a
color reversal on part of the image.

Curves-03:
Simple modern. I like the simplicity of this shot with the color
contrast of the yellow against the various shades of grey.

Thank you. I should tone down part of the background on the left.

--
Peter