Old June 9th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Default Home Made Registration Punch and Carrier?

erie patsellis wrote:

John,

The easiest way is to punch a piece of polyester or mylar with a 3 hole
punch, though I remove the middle punch myself. Insert your pins into
the holes, with the tabs away from the material, tape/glue/VHB (whatever
your preferred attachment method)the pins to the carrier/light table/etc.

It may not be rocket science, or precision machining, but that's how I
do it every day when I strip negatives for plates at work, and it works
just fine, though we do have several of the fancy punches, at home I use
the 3 hole punch just fine. (if you need some tabs, I can probably
liberate a couple, or at least find a source that doesn't require you to
buy a dozen/gross/container load at a time)

That's an interesting technique. Thanks very much, Erie. Have you made
any masked enlargements in your 10x10" machine?

John (Pico)