Old January 24th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Viewing images from CD-R or DVD-R

Thumbs Plus builds a database of thumbnails....that can take some time. I am
thinking that there must be a screen saver that does this.

--
Thanks,
Gene Palmiter

"poddys" wrote in message
ups.com...
You can do this in Windows XP - just open My Computer or Windows
Explorer, browse the CD (or drive/location where the images are), open
one image and then you should have options to view as a slide show etc.
You can also select to view thumbnails instead of just filenames/icons
in Explorer.
There is no need to download the pictures to your hard drive, although
they will open a lot faster if you do. If you are going to view them a
lot and do have enough space on the hard driver it's well worth
downloading them and then deleting them afterwards. Your choice...

Personally I use Thumbs Plus from www.cerious.com - it's a great
picture viewer and has some good editing features. I recommend
downloading the program for a 30 day demo.

Hope this helps.