Old January 27th 04, 05:23 PM
David Nebenzahl

Default Flat black spiff-up

On 1/27/2004 8:03 AM Jean-David Beyer spake thus:

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Lew" wrote

I'd like to re-paint the shiny areas of my old Beseler negative carriers.
What kind of paint should I use? The water base, oil base, and/or enamel
flat blacks available in my hardware store all seem to be too glossy.

One alternative is just to sand the shiny spots. In any case, it is
doubtful that the shiny spots are contributing to fog.

If you need to repaint then I would recommend:

Flat black spray enamel is most likely what the factory used.

My Beseler ones all appear to be black anodized aluminum.

Well, my Beseler 6x9 carrier (#8062) is black anodized, as is my 35mm carrier
(#8053), but the 35mm carrier I just sold (same #) was plain aluminum. Go figure.

--
Focus: A very overrated feature.

- From Marcy Merrill's lexicon at Junk Store Cameras
(http://merrillphoto.com/JunkStoreCameras.htm)