Old May 15th 17, 03:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Monitor settings

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article ,
newshound wrote:

I just tweaked my monitor settings using a couple of the websites with
"free" setup images and this has certainly improved my views of photos
from a wide variety of sources. However I'm now finding that text in
Thunderbird, Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc. is a bit pale and lacking in
contrast.

FWIW the Duck's recent Yosemite pics look good to me, prior to the tweak
the gopher and river shots would have been a bit lacking in shadow detail.

I don't believe I have any significant visual impairment apart from
presbyopia commensurate with my age (68).

Any views or suggestions, short of adding a second monitor? I'm not a
sufficiently serious user for it being worth getting a proper calibrator.

undo whatever you did and don't use some random website to calibrate
your display again.

I think that there is a tool in W10 for calibrating the display by
eye... Anyways: If you are spending more than £500 on your camera AND
display then:

https://www.parkcameras.com/p/V15870...x-rite/colormu
nki-smile

or something... If you're "savy" some extra features might be unleashed
from this and other calibration hardware by this free softwa

https://displaycal.net/#instruments
--
teleportation kills