Old April 19th 15, 03:26 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Davoud

Default paint mixing, named colors

Dale:
in painting and maybe many-colorant systems, I think a "mathematical"
software mixing program, in coordination with a spectral/color
measurement device might have a market

I think you're right. My local Sherwin-Williams store has had such a
device for years. Take a color sample to the store and a digital
colorimeter will measure the color and automatically add the correct
pigments to the base white to reproduce your sample color with amazing
precision.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm