Old October 18th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
wsrphoto

Default Need help as to why my photos are not selling???????

Randall Holmes wrote:
Pardon,

If I could have a moment of your time so that you could tell me why my
photos don't sell.... People tell me they are beautiful but they don't buy
them.... Could the group please explain??? Am I being lied to????? Or does
there need to be an adjustment made????

My portfollio is posted at http://justask.shutterpoint.com
Randall Holmes

Welcome to the club, many of my friends, family and visitors like my
images (both Web and photo cards), but I don't see any money for
purchasing them. And I don't plan on selling many because it's a very
competitive business and not very profitable. I do have some questions.

First, how long have you been on-line? It takes a few years to build a
business of selling photographs, spending a lot of time marketing your
services and work.

Second, what makes your images unique? People like a lot of images, but
sellling them requires yours to be different and worth them "getting
out their credit card."

Third, do you plan to make your venture personal or business? If
personal, people buy what they like, which isn't necessarily what you
photograph and produce. And making it a business means working for
clients and prospective customers or photographing for selling images.

Fourth, are you offering images and prints (for a fair price) to
generate customers? Sometimes working with prospective clients helps
generate future clients, such as local clubs, organizations, etc.

Fifth, you expect the Web to generate business? If you listen to the
professionals and look at their Websites, you'll notice very few make
money from the Web and mostly use it as a marketing and demonstration
tool of the work and business.

Just some initial thoughts. Good luck.