Old June 27th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Ilfochrome Re-Deux, Part 2

WILLIAM GRUENEWALD wrote:
Those of you who have responded to my printing problem, I thank you, and I
took your advise. However, nothing has changed. I have persistent and
extremely long printing times with this material - up to 140 seconds, and I
cannot believe that this is "normal". I'm using the Beseler 45 Universal
Light Source - 4x5 diffusion, and a Nikon N2.8 enlarger lense for 35mm work,
enlarging to 8x10 with this paper.

Processing is standard at 30 degrees for the Ilfobrom process, done on a
Jobo CPP/Lift, using Ilfochrome chemestry - always fresh chemestry.

The resulting print is characterized by a dark, dense image. There is a
slight shift toward magenta. At 140 seconds exposure, the image finally
begins to look normal. However, with these long exposures, I've had to make
5 exposures at 20 seconds each to avoid overheading the Beseler or buckling
of the slide - non-glass carrier.

I've asked before if this is normal, and I'm asking again: Are those
printing times within what is considered "normal" for this process - I
understand that the paper is 'slow'.

Tanks again!!

BTW sometimes the answer is just "I don't know" and rather than getting

But here goes: I used a medium format Durst Enlarger with a 35mm mixing
box when printing Cibachrome (see long time ago). My times were quite
long as I recall, details vague, it was 30 years ago. Slides never
buckled. So I guess I don't know.