Old June 27th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Ilfochrome Re-Deux, Part 2

"WILLIAM GRUENEWALD" wrote

I have persistent and extremely long printing times
with this material - up to 140 seconds, and I cannot
believe that this is "normal". I'm using the Beseler
45 Universal Light Source - 4x5 diffusion, and a
Nikon N2.8 enlarger lense for 35mm work,
enlarging to 8x10 with this paper.

Some dumb questions:

o Does the Universal head come with a 35mm mixing chamber?
I have the impression it doesn't, but is there some adjustment
or insert for 35mm work? Manual say anything?
o What is the head-negative height set to? [adjustment
normally used with the condenser head, scale on the right
o Does this combination print OK when used with B&W materials?