Old August 31st 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Philip Homburg

Default 160S/160C vs 160NC/160VC

In article ,
Michael Benveniste wrote:
wrote:

Somebody..???

I've shot both, but I've never done a head-to-head
comparison and likely never will. With the lighting and
labs I use I _think_ I slightly prefer the Fuji. Both
have excellent grain structure, but the prints from the
Kodak film have a fraction more blue than I'd like.

Since my last decent sized portraiture project, one of
my local labs has switched from analog to digital
enlargements. The next time I use them for 160S, I'll
add in a 160NC shot and take another look.

So far, I did not try the new Kodak films. The Fuji films are extremely
sharp, but the grain is not as nice as the old 160NC. However, 160NC is
not as sharp as 160S.

From the datasheets is looks like the new 160NC is less sharp than the old one.

Sometimes grain of the Fuji films gets a bit too ugly. I guess I have to
try a roll of 160NC some time.

(I judge film by how it scans on an LS-4000)