Old March 2nd 13, 09:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_3_]

Default Nikon new release D7100

On 3/2/2013 1:30 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

BTW I suspect that you are not aware that for high fashion the results
from Apple monitors and unacceptable, because they do not accurately
produce the necessary gradations in the shadows. For that work people
use other monitors such as high end NEC, LaCie, at the lower end and
Eizo, at the upper end.

so what? different tools for different jobs.

apple targets the masses. for every eizo that's sold, apple sells
hundreds of imacs, macbooks, displays, iphones, ipads and more.

So that's irrelevant to my point. Non-avid photographers do not want, or
see the need for undertone subtlety. Or, the cost may be outside their
budget.

your point itself is irrelevant. this isn't about undertone subtlety or
what apple sells.

If you bother reading, I said that Apple monitors are unsuitable for
critical photographic work. I'm glad you agree.

this discussion is about aliasing until you tried to twist it into
something else because you have nothing better to do than argue.

apple caters to the masses while eizo caters to the pros who do precise
colour work. if you think apple should make high end displays or eizo
should make low end displays, feel free to contact either company and
voice your concerns.

either way, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic of aliasing
and the nikon d800e and its lack of an aa filter.

Just where did I ever say there was no aliasing?
The issue is how the filter, or lack thereof affects the image. Or, have
you forgotten that the purpose of photography is to create images.

Yes but this is a photography group. Many of us like to discuss what's
best for photographic purposes, within our spending budgets. While I
would like a LaCie, or an Eizo, Both are outside my budget. So I settle
for an NEC, which BTW may, or may not outsell Apple products.

nobody but you gives a **** if it outsells apple products. different
products for different tasks.

So you have never ranted about sales of Apple products. If you make it
worth my while, I could easily show your unsupported claims about Apple
sales. Even in this thread, you were the first to mention: "apple [sic]
caters to the masses. Oh! I get it. Apple wants to become a priest.

BTW:
It is easy to tell when you are losing an argument. Like all trolls you
resort to personal insults.

--
PeterN