Old September 16th 15, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
nospam

Default IrfanView: sometimes very slow loading

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Paying for it later could be worthwhile. My choice is to wait. All too
often free, is not free.

it's free if you download it in the first year. after that you pay for
it, at least based on the current plan.

you don't have to install it when you download it.

in other words, it's stupid to *not* download it now. you can still
wait as long as you want after downloading to install it.

When I downloaded it, Windows 10 installed itself, a process which
took several hours.

only because you told it to install.

you can download win10 and defer the installation if you choose.

At one stage I reverted to Windows 7, which was
very quick in comparison. My computer asked me why I was doing this,
no doubt so it could tell Microsoft.

that's a reasonable thing to know.

a lot of companies want to know why you returned their product or
canceled membership because they can use that information to improve
future versions of the product so that fewer people reject it.