Old October 9th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Adobe lens correction profiles

On 2010-10-09 10:20:37 -0700, Paul Furman said:

Is there a place to find/share profiles for lenses not included?

There is much talk about "Sharing with the community" but I have yet to
find a path to that pool of profiles.
You might have better luck than I did.
http://forums.adobe.com/community/la...ofile_creator/

According to this thread, a sharing site is still wishful thinking.
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/732786?tstart=0

So far I have only built one profile set. That being for a Tokina
11-16mm f/2.8 mounted on my D300s. That was well worth while, and worked
surprisingly well. The narrow zoom range helped.
When I have the time there are a few others I have to build, and some of
the available profiles I would like to modify, as not all camera lens
sets are matched. For Nikon, anyway.

For now I have no intention of becoming a full time lens profile
builder, because building a good profile set for any zoom lens requires
more than the basic 9 shots you can get away with for primes, and that
is way too time consuming.

Maybe one day we will find that mysterious sharing community, hidden in
the halls of Adobe.

Dang, thanks for replying.

What extension are the files? Maybe I can search them that way... I'm
on a metered internet connection for another week so don't want to
download the 80MB creator utility.

The extension is "lcp" so my Tokina 11-16mm D300s RAW profile is
labeled "NIKON D300S (11.0-16.0 mm f2.8)-RAW-A.lcp" "A" being for 11mm
"B" for 16mm.

Savageduck