Old April 7th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.technique.nature
ASAAR

Default Photographing birds in flight

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 18:23:11 GMT, Paul Furman wrote:

( http://posted-online.com/ArizonaBirds/pix/14.jpg - 100K ). Notice
the blue hues around the green leaves. There was no blue in the
original picture. Sigh.

Nice shots but I don't know why a jpeg would produce those blues...
that doesn't sound right?

I don't think it's a jpeg produced artifact. You often get color
fringing when objects have an intensely bright background, such as
the sky, and better lenses produce less of it. The blue in this
shot is probably so easily noticed because it covers a greater area
due to being considerably out of focus. I've noticed CA having
several different colors, sometimes blue, sometimes purple, yellow
or orange. The glossary entry (link below) mentions that CA often
increases when a lens is used at its widest, and that the commonly
noticed "purple fringing" is probably more due to the sensor's
microlenses than a result of the lens's design.

http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glos...rration_01.htm